Hello friends, Well, I must tell you that Sunday nights Facebook live was interesting. There were technical problems that I can not explain. So I will not post the two-part replay here. However, if you have Facebook feel free to watch both parts. Part one is called Designer Series Tree. The second part does not have a title.
I want to post the measurements of this tree here for you, in case you want to make one.
This card is extra special because it has so much dimension yet it folds completely flat for easy mailing.
Here is what you do to make the tree
- Cut a piece of 12 x 12 designer series paper at 4 X 12
- Now place the 12″ side at the top of your paper trimmer and cut 9 one inch strips
- Fold all of the strips in half ( I chose to alternate the paper patterns)
- leave 1 strip 4′ long
- then cut the next strip down to 3-3.4″ long
- the rest of the strips will be cut down in length by 1/4 inch each. Example, , 3-1/2″, 3-1/4″, 3, and so on.
- Stack the strips largest on the bottom and smaller by 1/4″ as you continue up.
- For the tip of the tree just place a square piece from the leftover scraps and place it at the top with the point of the corner facing up.
I used the foam strips down the center of my card to adhere the strips to.
ALSO, you can shorten the height, change the designer series paper, and make a cake. A birthday cake, a wedding cake, a retirement cake, a holiday cake, a baby shower cake. Let’s see what you come up with.
Enjoy my original design. I had fun coming up with this look. I hope you enjoy it too
Live loved my friends ~ Beverlee