Hello!!! If you don’t know this already you know it now, I LOVE WREATHS.
How about you? If you do, I want to show you how easy wreaths are too make. Here is what you need to do to make this wreath.
- On a layer size piece of cardstock (4 X 5-1/4) place a 2-inch circle post-it note mask in the area you want your wreath to be.
2. Next stamp a leaf ( I used a double leaf from the stamp set Healing Hugs) around the circle. I always stamp at 12 o’clock, 6 o’clock then 3 and 9.
3. After those spaces are stamped fill in the voids and you will have a well-balanced wreath.
4. Pull off the mask to reveal your completed wreath.
5. Place the appropriate size circle framelit in the ceter of your wreath and cut it out using your Big Shot.
6. Place cardstock piece into the subtle folder and run it through the Big Shot. I think the look that this folder creates gives our cards an amazing, subtle yet striking look. It almost makes the cardstock look like material. Folders are just what you need to transform a flat plain card into a beautiful textured card.
7. Now sponge the inside of the cut-out circle using a dauber and the same color ink as your leaves.
8. Next, I took advantage of the cut out that I created in the center of my wreath by placing a piece of tufted cardstock behind it. I attached these two piece together with dimensionals. The criss-cross pattern of the tufted folder is so classic and pretty. The tufted pattern can be embellished with small pearls, each diamond impression has the perfect place for a small pearl to rest.
I have A close-up picture. Hopefully you can see all the textures the folders created.
The wreath took up most of the space on my card, but I needed something for the bottom quarter. After trying a few different things I grabbed the new Delightfully Detailed Laser Cut, Specialty Paper. I cut a 4″ wide strip from one of the patterns and attached it to my card. Then I covered the top portion of the DSP paper with the 1/2″ lace trim. I popped up my layer piece with more dimensionals and then layered it onto a Very Vanilla card base.
The only other color on this card is the Granny Apple Ink for the leaves and the Basic Gray ink on the sentiment. The designer series paper is vanilla on one side and white on the other side, so you can make this card in white or vanilla.
I hope this tutorial was helpful.
Now go enjoy your day and remember…
Live loved~ Beverlee