Hello there friends. Today’s post is all about cards that are made to look like houses. I decided to make these cards after finding one from many years ago. I came across an old birdhouse card while pulling old cards down and replacing them with new ones. I thought it was time to update this style of card, so I made a few using the new and current Stampin’ Up! product.
FYI, I have a video that you can watch on my Facebook business page @ stampinalldaywithbev
Here on my blog, I’m wanted to provide the instructions to those of you who don’t have Facebook.
The card below is my version of a little barn
Here are the instructions.
- Cut Crumb Cake cardstock portrait style at 4-1/4 (so another word cut your 8-1/2 X 11 piece of cardstock in half portrait style).
- Fold your card in half and burnish the scoreline with your bone folder.
- Using a pencil, mark the center of the folded card at 2-1/8.
- Now mark each side of the cardstock at 2-1/8.
- Next, using your trimmer you will score the cardstock from the side pencil marks to the center point pencil mark.
- Fold and burnish all score lines again.
- For the roof use a coordinating colored cardstock cut at 3X3. Then cut it in half at an angle. You will have two pieces exactly the same but you only need one for each house. Embellish the roof as you wish.
- Using a circle hole punch add the hole for the birdhouse card. Add a rectangle piece of cardstock to make the doors on the other houses.
- I used the soon to retire Hardwood stamp to give the houses the wood look.
- Each house was embellished differently to fit the theme of the house. I have listed all of the product that I used in the product list below.
Here is one last house, it is a schoolhouse. This idea came about because I had a request from teachers to hostess a craft night in my studio where they could make a thank you card. This card will be given to their classroom assistants in appreciation of all the hard work that they do.
I hope you enjoyed your visit here today. Please comment and let me know what you think or if you have questions.
NOTE: a few things will retire on June 2 or as supplies last. The trimmer, the stamp set and thinlits, the hardwood background stamp, the circle punch, and the Big Shot. So get them while you can.
Live Loved My Friends ~ Beverlee